Saturday, August 10, 2013

Look at my beautiful closet!

It's a dream closet! Except in my dream, I don't have to share it.

To build it, we used 1/2 inch gas pipe. We got the black, but there was a large variety of 'black' between the pipes, elbows, tees and flanges. So I sprayed painted everything black.

There was a lot of measuring and swearing to get the exact fit. We also bought and returned a million pieces. But it did not take as long as I thought it would. The frame is attached to the end walls of the closet, but we didn't screw it into the floor.

The shelves are common pine boards, stained with a golden pecan stain and poly in one. We did individual boards and laid them next to each other. It was much easier to do it this way, it allowed us to build the black frame first and then insert the shelves.

Isn't it beautiful!?!



No comments: